This new astronomy webinar series features the work and voices of underrepresented scientists and students in the astrophysics community. Join Anna Voelker, the Department of Astronomy's and CCAPP's Coordinator of Outreach Programs, for public Q&A sessions and live astronomy interviews each Thursday at 3:00 PM ET.
In these times of social distancing and making space between us, we will be answering your astronomy questions across the quarantine and sharing the wonders of space across space! We are dedicated to Making Space for All through inclusive and accessible astronomy webinars.
The Making Space for All series will culminate in the 2020 SciAccess Conference, an all-day event dedicated to promoting disability inclusion in STEM. SciAccess 2020 will take place on Monday, June 29. It is being hosted in partnership with NASA and CCAPP. Click here to register for this free, virtual conference! Questions? Email us if you have any questions.
All webinars will be conducted over Zoom which is a video conferencing program. You can call-in or join us on the web. The Zoom link for all our programs can be accessed by clicking http://go.osu.edu/makingspace. If you are calling in, the Zoom number for the webinar is 770 313 187.
Dial in by your location if you cannot use the web interface:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 651 372 8299 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
- April 2, Dr. Ami Choi - OSU Physics / CCAPP - The Mysteries of Dark Matter
- April 9, Gabriel Vasquez - Delving Further into the Dark
- April 16, Dr. Smita Mathur - Black Holes and Beyond
- April 23, Dr. Laura Lopez - Supernovae: The Secrets of Exploding Stars
- April 30, Sanskriti Das - Combing the Cosmos for the Universe's Missing Mass
- May 7, Dr. Barbara Ryden - One Giant Leap for Womankind: Women in Astronomy Throughout the Ages
- May 14, Caprice Phillips - Exoplanets and the Search for Alien Worlds
- May 21, Cadence Payne - CubeSats: The Electronic Bread Loaves of Space
- May 28, Dr. Gioia Massa - Growing Food in Space with NASA's Project Veggie