Welcome to Ohio State Astronomy!
Here is information that every new astronomy graduate student needs to know. Some of these are guides to getting settled in Columbus as well as timelines and paths for completing your degree. First off is the information from the College of Arts and Science that covers what to do before you get to campus and the first things to do once you get here. There is also a list of resources at your disposal while a graduate student at Ohio State. Welcome, and we are excited to have you as an Ohio State Buckeye!
- College of Arts and Sciences Graduate Student Orientation Materials and Resources
- Living in Columbus from the Physics Graduate Student Council
- Required courses, registration, and deadlines
- Typical timeline to completing a Ph.D. in Astronomy
- Additional resources from the PGSC
Upon your arrival, incoming astronomy students should meet faculty in the department and begin thinking about a first project.
Please contact the current Chair of Graduate Studies with any questions. If you are looking for how to get involved with outreach please email the Planetarium Director. Both of these contacts are listed below.